CDE Academy Associate Membership Incentive Programme
Please read the following important background information before completing the referral form at the bottom of this page.
About the CDE
The Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology (Pty) Ltd (CDE), based in Houghton, Johannesburg, South Africa, is a Private Registered Managed Care Organisation with a 26-year history in the provision of comprehensive, person-centred and evidence-based diabetes care, the managed clinical and administrative care of diabetes, healthcare professional education and mentoring, diabetes network commissioning, coordination and auditing, clinical research, healthcare publishing, and community support and advocacy. The CDE was founded in 1994 as the first fully integrated diabetes centre in South Africa to promote a holistic team approach to diabetes management, with all the necessary services present under one roof. Since then, the CDE has facilitated the development of a trained and peer-reviewed and audited nationwide provider network operating at primary, secondary and tertiary care levels, with the ability to provide appropriate care for each client according to their risk status and the complexity of his or her treatment.
Our Diabetes Management Programme (DMP) and accredited National CDE Network are designed to ensure that the principles of best-practice diabetes care and cardiovascular risk reduction are applied with the following objectives:
- Achievement and maintenance of good diabetes and risk factor control through rational use of targeted and individualised lifestyle and drug therapies
- Reduced hospital admissions
- Reduced acute and chronic healthcare funding, physical, economic, social and societal costs
- Improved quality of life
- A focus on wellness and health rather than illness
With more than two decades of experience, the CDE is your unmatched and perfect value driven partner in diabetes care.
For further details, please visit: http://www.cdediabetes.co.za
If you are a registered healthcare professional with a special interest in diabetes, or starting to develop this as a new career passion, you are at the right place. We would like to be your Learning Partner in Diabetes Care. The CDE Academy offers 100% online, anytime-available, modular learning in the care of diabetes and the management of cardiovascular risk. Our guided, progressive learning journeys help you to understand the ‘why‘ behind the boring facts, statistics and algorithms and ‘see’ diabetes like you never imagined possible. Importantly, we help you reflect on your journey – together with pre- and post-Module assessments, this helps you to evaluate your learning experience as you go and intentionally change your clinical practice behaviours for the better. We are open to any registered health professional globally. All our courses are CPD-accredited. For further details, please visit: https://academy.cdeonline.co.za/
Associate Membership of the CDE Academy
CDE Academy Associate Membership is offered to health professionals who complete the CDE Academy Foundation Course in Diabetes Care for Health Professionals. This opens access to Members-only discounts on other CDE Academy Courses and events, and exclusive continuing education opportunities and benefits that will expand over time.
For further details on the fees and benefits, please see: https://academy.cdeonline.co.za/associate-member/
CDE Academy Associate Membership Incentive Programme
We understand that times are tough for everyone.
If our participants have a positive experience during the CDE Academy Foundation Course, we encourage them to share this experience with their colleagues so that we can spread messages of better diabetes care to a wider audience.
If a referred colleague then registers for the CDE Foundation Course, we would like this referral to result in transparent, informed and meaningful benefits to both the person who makes use of the referral (‘Referee’) and the person who has already completed the Course (‘Referrer’).
Benefits for the Referrer and Referee
If the endorsement of a referrer leads to a colleague (referee) registering for the CDE Academy Online Foundation Course in Diabetes Care, this results in:
For the Referee
- 10% off the normal registration fee of ZAR 7 820.00 for the Foundation Course (N.B. CDE Academy sponsorships do not qualify for the Course discount). If the referee is not a recipient of a CDE Academy Sponsorship for the CDE Academy Foundation Course, we will send him or her a 10% discount coupon code to register for the CDE Academy Foundation Course for the reduced fee of ZAR 7 038.00 (VAT incl.).
- If the referee is a recipient of a CDE Academy Sponsorship for the CDE Academy Foundation Course, we will send him or her a 100% discount coupon code granting free Associate Membership of the CDE Academy for 3 months on completion of their Foundation Course.
For the Referrer
- Once the Referee registers for the CDE Academy Foundation Course, we will send the Referrer a 100% discount coupon code granting free Associate Membership of the CDE Academy for 12 months.
- For each additional colleague referred to the CDE Academy Foundation Course in this way, you can earn a
- further free year of Associate Membership of the CDE Academy, or if you prefer,
- 10% discount off the normal fee for the Annual CDE Academy Postgraduate Forum (That means free attendance of the Forum if you refer an additional 10 colleagues).
How to participate in the CDE Academy Associate Membership Incentive Programme
- Both Referrer and Referee must complete, sign & submit the digital CDE Academy Associate Membership Referral Form below
- We will then contact the Referee with details of Course registration and the appropriate discount voucher
- Upon the Referee’s registration for the Course, the Referrer will receive details of the Associate Membership registration and the appropriate discount voucher
CDE Academy Associate Membership Incentive Programme – Referral and Consent Form
This digital Referral Form and process allows
- transparent and informed referral between consenting adult registered health professionals of the benefits of participation in the CDE Academy Associate Membership Incentive Programme
- access to meaningful benefits to both the person who makes use of the referral (‘Referee’) and the person who has already completed the CDE Academy Foundation Course in Diabetes Care for Health Professionals (‘Referrer’).
The CDE and the CDE Academy values your privacy and the protection of your personal information.
In addition, the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) 4 of 2013 promulgated by the South African Government, obligates that ‘data subjects’ (Both ‘Referrer’ and ‘Referee’ in this context) are required to provide their informed consent to enable the:
- ‘Responsible Party’ (In this case, the CDE Academy), and our
- ‘Operators’ (parties that process personal information for the responsible party – in this case, Thinking 4 Success (CDE Academy Website and Registration Portal) and Bridgewater Learning (Provider of Learning Management System to the CDE Academy)
to process the items of personal information requested below for the purpose described.
This will allow both parties (whose details and signatures appear in the digital referral form) to access the benefits of the referral process as detailed in this Information Guide’.
By completing, signing and submitting this digital CDE Academy Associate Membership Referral Form, I hereby indicate that:
- I have read, understood and accepted the contents and the requirements described in the text on this Referral Form and in the ‘Information Guide’ from which I accessed this referral process
- I have completed the items of personal information requested of my free will
- I consent to the processing of the items of personal information that I have submitted (including cross-border transfer to South Africa, where applicable) to allow access to the benefits described.